Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy Birthday, Nephew!

Our nephew turned 3 today!  He's absolutely obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine and the movie Cars.  My mom had bought me a Lightning McQueen cake pan in advance of the celebration, and I tried my hand at making it this weekend.  Not bad if I say so myself!



I had to use a whole pot of red food coloring for the icing to turn out an actual red color.  Because there was so much, it stained everything!  This is *B*'s hand, which is usually the palest white, after doing the dishes:
 

All of our tongues turned bright pink, and our nephew had red all over his chin from the festivities.  Paired with the two black eyes he had from running into a cabinet in one instance and falling off a step in another, he looked like he was wearing clown makeup.

Happy birthday, nephew!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks great! You're talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks better than anything you could buy. Well done!
    Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! My mom did cakes when I was little, so I've had a good role model.

    ReplyDelete