Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Working Out While Pregnant

I know that one of the best ways to have a good labor is to be in shape.  While I'm not quite in the shape I wanted to be when I got pregnant, I'm making the best of it.  I didn't work out at all in the first trimester, but starting January 1, I've been at it at least three times a week. 

In the mornings,  I use the Walk Away the Pounds videos:
 The first DVD I got when I was in college almost 10 years ago.  They still work just fine, but I've seen each version (1 mile, 2 miles, and 3 miles) a million times.

The second I bought last week because I was so bored with the first.  The videos weren't quite fulfilling all of my needs, so I went on a search through netflix and found Crunch's Yoga Mama video:

Right now, my exercise plan is 2-3 miles in the morning before work, and yoga in the evenings when *B* is at school.  While I may not be the sleekest pregnant woman out there, I'm determined to have enough stamina to get through my child's birth.  I just hope that it's not too little, too late.







1 comment:

  1. sounds like a great plan to me (not that I am an expert by any means ;-)) I am sure you will do just fine, remember your body knows how to labor and give birth (even though you have never done it before) trust in yourself and you will do great!

    (I highly recommend reading this book: http://www.amazon.com/Ina-Mays-Guide-Childbirth-Gaskin/dp/0553381156/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328140008&sr=1-1)

    ReplyDelete