Sunday, September 14, 2014

Frugal Accomplishments - September 8th through 14th

This week flew by.  I know we did things this week, but I'm not sure if I could tell you what it was.  This'll be a relatively short list.

-Organized the pantry and the freezer so that we can tell what food we have and use it more effectively.

-Hosted a game night for five friends and made homemade pizza to feed the group.

-Picked up a half bushel of very nice seconds peaches for $7.50.  We canned them and got 9 quarts and 9 pints (not including two more pints that shattered while processing-we need new jars.)

-Bought more apples for applesauce.  Since we had a nice family day and picked more than 20 lbs of apples, the price dropped by $0.10 per pound.  I'll have to can the apples either during the day or on Wednesday, because I ran out of jars and we have a showing today.  I'm buying more quart jars this afternoon.

-Made it through a whole day of antiquing and walking a street festival without spending any money.

-Mr. B and Miss F made a batch of beer from a kit Mr. B got for Christmas while I slept in (until 8) on Friday morning.  This will give us about 50 bottles of beer in 6 weeks or so.

-Took all of the air conditioners out.  Since there's no gap in the window now, we'll be saving more energy.  Our biggest heating/cooling expense is our baseboard heat, so I'm hoping to put off turning them on until December.

No comments:

Post a Comment