Friday, June 26, 2009

A Relaxing Trip and Some Itchy Housemates

I just got back from a really relaxing trip to Florida. I went to a conference down in St. Petersburg. I learned a lot, and I got some great beach time. It was so peaceful. The water was green and so warm. I really swam twice, and got to the beach every day. The food was awesome, too.

The thing I'm most pleased about is that I read TWO whole books on my trip: You or Someone Like You by Chandler Burr and Serena by Ron Rash. YOSLY was great, better than I expected. Serena was good, but I didn't love it like I thought it would. On the recommendation of another teacher on the trip, I bought The Shack by William Young. So far, it's fantastic. I'm hoping to finish it tonight or tomorrow.

As I'm writing this post, I'm itching like crazy. We're petsitting someone's dog, and she brought fleas with her! They're driving me NUTS!!!!! So much for my relaxation time...

No comments:

Post a Comment