Friday, April 9, 2010

Wedding Drama

Things have been getting kind of crazy in the wedding department. I've been using the checklist at the Knot, and the lovely wedding spreadsheets through Google Docs.

As of right now, I/we have:
  • talked to the priest
  • booked a church
  • called the organist
  • picked my wedding dress (but not bought it)
  • given the girls their dress styles
  • picked the groom's and groomsmen's tuxes out and gotten some of them measured
  • decided on hair/makeup helper
  • talked with the florist and gotten an estimate
  • "booked" the photographer (a friend of mine)
  • reserved the reception location
  • called some DJs (with no responses)
  • decided on wedding favors (they're precious! expect a post on them)
  • roughly decided on invitations
  • decided on honeymoon location
  • roughly decided on hotel
  • roughly decided on transportation
At this point, it's a lot of waiting. After I tallied up the cost on all of this (and trust me, I cut corners), it gave me the kick in the butt to get my resume done. I applied to a couple of "learning centers" helping kids polish (and often relearn) skills over the summer. If I can't get jobs there, it looks like it will be retail or food service for me this summer. I'll just be thankful to get any job at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment