Saturday, November 21, 2009

Proud of my Pantry

I'm so proud of my pantry! Food Lion had 10.5 oz cans of veggies 2/$1. I couldn't pass it up, so I bought 12 more cans of veggies. As soon as I got home, I ran downstairs with my laptop and inventoried the pantry. I have few things left to pick up to have a complete three month supply for dinners:

Black Beans 19 cans
Broccoli 14 cans
Canned Soup 8 cans
Canned Veggies 14 cans
Carrots 6 lbs
Chicken 35 lbs
Chicken Broth 7 cans
Cream of Chicken Soup 1 can
Cream of Mushroom Soup 2 cans
Creamed Corn 6 cans
Diced Tomatoes 8 cans
Eggs 7 eggs
Evaporated Milk 2 pints
Ground Beef 4 lbs
Kidney Beans 16 cans
Mexican Cheese 16 cups
Mushrooms 6 cans
Oil 5 cups
Olive Oil 7 cups
Parmesan Cheese 3 cups
Roaster 5 roasters
Salmon 16 fillets
Salsa 5 jars
Shallot 5 shallots
Sour Cream 8 tubs
Stir Fry Veggies 8 cups
Tomato Paste 17 cans
Tortillas 8 packs
Tuna 14 cans

I'm so excited! I'm almost stocked! I'll then move onto breakfasts, then lunches. I need many more fruits with vitamin C though. I've currently only got 1 can of crushed pineapple and 1 can of mandarin oranges. I do, however, have a ton of spinach pesto, which has a good bit of vitamin C.

I'm very, very excited to be hosting Thanksgiving this year. I've got my whole menu planned and written out with start and cooking times. I've gotten everything I need from the store. I've done everything I can do already. I'm dying to get everything ready! It feels like I'm really, finally an adult by hosting this. Only one other time in my almost 24 years do I remember not having Thanksgiving at my grandmother's house, and now I'm hosting it for her. It's a great honor and privilege for me. Considering I found my camera, you all will definitely get pictures :o)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! That's an impressive inventory. I need to get more organized with mine.

    I've never cooked a Thanksgiving dinner. We always visit our parents, who live a few hours away. One day!

    It will be fun to see your pictures.

    ReplyDelete