Friday, October 15, 2010

Cocoa, My Love

I realized today, much to my dismay, that I have run out of cocoa mix.  Bad for me, good for you, because I will show you how to make the most amazing mix ever.  It's SO easy! 

Nota bene:  This recipe is not syrup sweet like Swiss Mix.  You can add more sugar if you want, I just prefer it on the less sweet side.  It reminds me of a Caffe Mocha without the Caffe.

All you need is a box of Hershey's Cocoa Powder, some salt, and some sugar.

Because I'm lazy thrifty,  I keep my cocoa mix in the box it came in.  The recipe actually makes two boxes worth.  So either keep another box from a previous go around or put the mix in another container.  I washed the old box out and dried it thoroughly.  If you don't dry it, you get glue.

One box of cocoa is two cups.  Be careful when pouring, it flies everywhere. Dump it in a large bowl.

Then, measure out 2 cups of sugar more or less. Dump that in the bowl, too.

Put a little less than two teaspoons of salt in the bowl.

Mix very carefully but thoroughly.  Make sure there are very few clumps.  Clumps of salt or cocoa make things gross when recombined.

Pour carefully into the containers you chose.

Clean up all of the powder and sugar that has settled all over everything.

When making cocoa, put 4 tablespoons of mix into a mug with 8 ounces of milk and microwave for two minutes.  If making a large batch, you can make it on the stove top.  Adding the slightest bit of vanilla perks it up a bit.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment