Thursday, October 28, 2010

An Experiment

Things have not been so amazing lately.  I'm starting to wonder, though, how much of that is caused by my attitude toward situations rather than my attitude being a result of situations.  I think I've started myself on a downward spiral.  Therefore, I've decided to conduct an experiment.

For this whole week, Thursday to Thursday, I'm going to think positively.  I'm going to let go of the problems of the past, and only focus on now.  I'm going to try to be excited about things I usually dread. 

When I get worked up about a parent's email, I'm going to try to remember that they're just worried about their kid and that they don't mean to treat me poorly.  I'm going to make a list of what I need to do and get it done.  The faster I get my certification done, the less I have to worry about.  I might not be perfect, but I know I can pass if I try hard enough. 

I'm going to try very hard not to stress about the wedding.  No matter what happens, I will be married on December 18th.  That's the important part.  It's alright if a train whistle blasts through my vows (it's possible - and very loud), or if my dress doesn't exactly match *B*'s tuxedo. Because in the end, I'm going to remember what happened more than I'll look at all of the pictures.

I think that if I have one good, open conversation with *B*, things will work themselves out.  They always have in the past.  I think I've been overly critical, and need to let somethings go a bit. 

I'll keep y'all updated.  I'm hopeful that at this time next week, things will be looking up!

1 comment: