Monday, November 1, 2010

Midterm Report

I am very pleased to announce that my experiment is working very well!  I've been more happy and had more energy now than I have in a while.  I've been much better with my students, and we all seem to get along more.  Attitude is up, productivity is up, and even grades are up!

I really do think church has a lot to do with it as well as intentional thinking.  Last week, I skipped Mass because it was the first weekend I had to myself in a long time.  The week was long and difficult.  I went on Sunday (and I went to the mandatory school-wide Masses Friday and today, though that's unusual).  I really do feel much better - uplifted even. 

It's funny, when I was in ninth grade, I felt this way.  Then I had a falling out with the church over a number of issues and spent most of high school and college feeling alienated.  I really did.  I looked at this girl who was my RA, and she was always happy, radiant, and peaceful.  She was an active church member.  I remember wanting to be her, but never backing it up.  I feel that peacefulness now, and I'm so much happier.

I really feel my political opinions firming up as I age, too.  The midterm election is nearing quickly, and I've found myself knowing where I stand on issues like abortion, death penalty, fiscal responsibility, political organization, and human rights.  I was always a little squibbly, but I've figured out how to articulate to myself (not others in general) where I stand.  It's a nice feeling.

So in short - life is good.  I'm looking forward to posts from here on out being sunnier and more interesting :o)

1 comment: