Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fresh Air is the Cure

I went up north this weekend. I feel so much more relaxed now.

Isn't it gorgeous?

They had a super-cute baby goat.

They had a not-so-super-cute black snake in the grass.

There were piglets with mama pig.

Look at how precious!

Run piggy, run!

Hello there, Mr. Mule.

These guys were running all over the place.

Doobie the Doberman was looking at me because I was holding a piece of smoked pork.

This big guy is an Anatolian called Damian. He. Is. ENORMOUS!

Whether it was rude or not, I brought food for our family friends. They were very appreciative, and it made me feel good to help out. In some respects, I know that the people up there don't have a lot, but given the pictures above, I think they have way more than I do. They have gorgeous land, fresh air, and animals galore. So what if they can't afford an iPod, a new computer, or cable TV?

The party was very nice. People seemed to have a good time. We camped outside, which was fun. I woke up to the sounds of roosters crowing, dogs barking, and wild turkeys gobbling. But once I saw *B*, we realized we both had little green specks all over our faces. The floor is flaking because the tent is so old, and you can see daylight through it. We need a new tent. But we'll deal with that as we can. For now, we're going to try to seal the floor to get at least one more use out of it this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment