Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Good news, bad news

Good news - We got the appraisal for the new house. Bad news - it's five thousand less than our contract price, and the seller can't afford to drop the price. We're not sure what we're going to do. Right now, we're just holding tight.

I've been gripey lately because the administration has filled this week before school to the brim with mandatory activities, and I have very little time to actually get anything done. That means I've been doing a great majority of my planning at home.

On a side note, as I was typing my title, I slipped up and wrote "God news." It's funny how little accidents can remind one of priorities in life. In this time of stress (starting school again, issues with administration, perpetual house problems), I should be focusing on God rather than focusing on all the little things that quickly add up.

I've been gathering more supplies for my 72-hour-kit. I got a leatherman tool and some more toiletries. I've decided I'm asking for quite a bit of supplies for Christmas, such as a hand crank/solar powered emergency radio and flashlight. I need to re-evaluate what I have and what I need to prepare.

2 comments:

  1. You remind me that I need to work on our kits! I started switching out the food a few months ago and I don't think I ever put the new back in. That won't do us much good, now will it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I went through my meds from my first aid kit, much of it expired earlier this year. The dramamine I bought for my flight in June - I had two packs that would not yet have expired when I flew! But by now, they're long gone...

    ReplyDelete