Saturday, August 1, 2009

That. Was. Amazing!

It has been an amazing 24 hours in the food world. For dinner, aside from too much pizza, I had AMAZING cantaloupe. It was the best cantaloupe I've ever had in my entire life. We went to the farmer's market with a friend of mine the other day, and got a ton of fresh, local, organic produce. I've heard arguments for and against organic produce, but when it's as cheap as it was, I figure it doesn't hurt to cut down on chemicals.

Last night, in honor of Michelle's birthday, we got manicures and went restaurant hopping downtown. It was the first time I've had a manicure in over two years. We considered pedicures, but the boys were waiting for us. Given that it was SO inexpensive ($15 for a full on manicure), I will definitely visit that place when I'm ready to give up on my students. I would get a pedicure next time though.

After getting our nails done, we met the boys at The Brewer's Art. Upstairs, the place is really fancy, very classy. Downstairs, it's dungeon-like, with original brick arches, black and red walls, and little lighting. But above all, they had the best salad I've ever had. It had grilled peaches, spiced pecans, chevre cheese, butter lettuce, and Maker's Mark vinaigrette. And above all, it was around $7 for that gorgeous meal. Then we went to Midtown Yacht Club (not a yacht club) and had an ENORMOUS plate of nachos. Finally, we walked TWO miles to get to a really fancy restaurant called Roy's right on the harbor. I had a mai tai (SO much sugar) and chocolate souffle. Oh so delicious. I wish I had pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment