Monday, January 18, 2010

But I Don't Want to Go To School! And Other Random Ravings

Isn't it awful that I'm 24 years old and still saying that? This week won't be so bad. I had off today, and Friday is the March for Life in DC, so I really only teach three days this week. My grades are due tomorrow, though, and some of my kids need to do makeup work from a religious retreat they were on.

I think the reason that I don't want to go to work all the time is that there's so much to be done here at home. I still need to put another coat of paint up in the bathroom, rip the border down in the bedroom, paint the bedroom, and organize the office. The office is the hardest because I need to tear apart my desk and donate it. The last time we donated to our local thrift shop, they told us we need to call first because they have too much stuff. I need to figure out what the theme of the office will be before I can really decorate it. We still have the old curtains in each room. In some rooms, they work. In others, they are really out of place. The office is one of those places.

I went to the gym today. I feel so bad, which is out of the ordinary for me. Usually, I feel really, really good after I go. I guess it's because I tried to make up for not going for 6 days in one weekend. I was also kind of bummed when I hopped on the scale today and realized I have not lost one pound since starting at the gym. It seems like I'm really going to need to buckle down on my foods if I want any results.

One thing I really want to do is get pictures for my picture frame that is to go on my desk at school. My therapist said it would be good to have reminders of home at work. I bought the frames, but I have no ink in my printer. I'm going to need to go to Walmart to have them printed. One frame has three different picture spots, so I need to figure out the sizes and orientations with respect to the pictures I have. I'm just hoping that I get it done in time to enjoy it before the end of the school year.

2 comments:

  1. This is a free site I use from time to time. Really good site if your really looking to keep track of your cal intake. caloriecount.about.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're trying to crack down on food this year too. We've been working on portion sizes and I'm actually saving a lot on groceries!

    ReplyDelete