Thursday, January 7, 2010

Whirlwind

The past couple of days have been a whirlwind of activity. We're looking to set our date as December 18, 2010. This means I have less than a year to plan a wedding on a very small budget. In order to save money, we will be having appetizers, cake, and drinks. Since it's close to Christmas, many venues are pre-decorated. All I need is flowers for the ceremony then. My friend Michelle and I were talking about making favors/place cards by using Christmas balls with names written nicely on them. Instead of a band or DJ, we're going to use an iPod and ask a friend to be MC when necessary. I've asked a friend from grad school if he still does photography, but I have yet to hear back from him. *B*'s job is to buy the wedding bands. I'm looking at getting a dress for less than $500. Our major expenses now are location and honeymoon. It's amazing what some places charge. We'd like to have a nice honeymoon, but I'm not sure how possible that really is given our budget. For a week in London, right now, it's running about $3000 for hotel and airfare. I think that once we choose where the wedding will be, it will be smooth sailing from there on out and time for all the fun to start.

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful weddings can be had with very small budgets. I am looking forward to hearing all the details!

    ReplyDelete