Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Come On, Fall!

I love fall.  Autumn.  The changing of the leaves.  The descent into winter. It makes me think of

baking apples


apple butter


crisp air

and crunchy leaves.


I love how blue the skies are in September.  I love that I can boil oranges and cinnamon sticks on the stove for warmth and smell.  I love how I can wear long sleeve t-shirts and be perfectly comfortable.  I love the local fall festival (though the quality of the festival seriously declined in the past few years).  I love listening to NPR on the weekends while cooking with the doors open - yes, I'm specific :o)  I love the link I feel in fall to years past.

Please, fall, please won't you hurry up and get here?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, you make me wish for autumn - and winter isn't even over here yet!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always fly out here and catch it twice! I'm halfway considering moving up north just so that I can get the fall climate for 3/4 the year. I'm not the biggest fan of summer or winter, so this way summer would feel like fall. I'd just have to deal with one wicked season rather than two.

    ReplyDelete