Thursday, August 5, 2010

Freaking Out a Tad

There are 4 months and 13 days until I get married.  My dress ships on August 13th, which means I should get it before August 20th.  When I bought my dress, I bought it one size smaller than I was, and I had never seen it in claret, just in navy.  I'm not so much worried about the size (they said they can alter up to one size either side of the actual size), but I'm nervous about the color.  What if it looks odd with my skin tone?  Though I have color swatches from the dressmaker, what if it ends up looking more pink than dark red (like it does online)?  These what if's will kill me.

Finances seemed to have worked themselves out.  I suppose it was working two jobs this summer that did it.  Either way, I'm actually not so worried about paying for things - as long as our parents help us like they said they would.  If they don't, then I'll keep my second job longer.

I am concerned, however, about how many people will come.  We have to have (or at least pay for) 100 people in order to keep the whole restaurant to ourselves.  We have invited 108 people, knowing that 70 people are likely to come and 38 are iffy.  We didn't include "and guest" in either number though, so we might make 100.  If we don't, we're paying ~$900 for people that won't be there.  But then again, I don't want to lose the whole restaurant, because it might be weird to have total strangers at our reception.  But, it's $900.  I don't know!

*B* and I started dieting together this week, which has led to an initial five pound loss on my end of things.  Yes, it's probably water weight, but I'll take it at this point.  I had bounced within a two pound range for a long time.  This new program should also help with the dress fitting.  I don't have to start with alterations until the end of October, so I have some time.

Ugh.  I had heard that weddings were stressful, but I never believed it until now!

1 comment:

  1. I dieted before my wedding too, but completely by accident. I was working full time, going to school full time and planning a wedding (in just 2.5 months)... this left no time to eat, kept me always on the go and brought me down about 8 lbs. Can't wait to see how everything turns out.

    ReplyDelete