Thursday, August 5, 2010

Simple Pleasure Thursday

My simple pleasure for today is being reminded of things from my childhood.  When I was about 10 years old, Chick-fil-a had a special kid's meal toy.  It was a cassette tape of Adventures in Odyssey.  AIO is produced by Focus on the Family, and features biblical themes, though they're not all Bible stories per se.  I think they came out with about 10 of them.  The stories all focus around a man named Whit, who runs an ice cream shop, and his friends and neighbors.  I loved them so, but God knows where the cassettes had gone.  I had thought about them randomly from time to time.  I finally stepped up the other day and googled them, and they're still going!  They have over 650 episodes now, and have been going since 1987.  They even have a mix of new and old episodes that you can listen to online.  For the past few days, while peeling peaches or making muffins, I've been listening to the episodes.  You can find them at www.whitsend.org.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment