Sunday, August 15, 2010

Oh the Nostalgia!

When I stopped by my dad's house to pick up my knitting implements last weekend, he convinced me to take a few boxes with me.  I've got tons left there, but slowly it will move over here.  One of the boxes was a load of books.  And in that box was my American Girl collection.  I was never allowed to have a doll (they were $80 at the time, $95-115 now).  But I loved Samantha, probably because she looked most like me.  So what did I do?  I reread the series:
 

 Then I found the craft set.  I loved the cookbook and plan to cook out of it again.  I have two sets of the paper dolls because I was given one before I was given the set.


 Some of the outfits in one set aren't even cut out!


 But the ones that were still fit perfectly.  I even found her hairbow, dog, and tea set in the accessories envelope.

The Samantha set is the most complete that I have.  I have the books and paper dolls of Felicity, Kirsten, and Molly.  I have the books of Addy, but they were published in sets of three rather than one set of six.

Is it bad that at 24 years old, I'm actually considering buying the other sets of books and the cookbooks that go with them?

1 comment:

  1. I wanted Samantha so much when I was younger! I never got her either, and although I read the books, I never found them to be great literature. The cookbooks are so fun though! Now I want to get her for my daughter even though she may or may not care at all. :)

    ReplyDelete