Monday, June 15, 2009

Awww!

I have the cutest cat! Because she's fairly sheltered, she doesn't see a whole lot of bugs. As we've been moving, some flies have gotten in. When she finally saw a fly, she started making mewing/choking sounds. At first I freaked out, thinking she was hurt, but once I saw her jet across the room I understood.


Tonight is the last night in our apartment. There's still sooo much to do. Most of the things left to pack are just normal junk that doesn't fit in anywhere else. But I have the pantry and the bedroom closet totally cleaned out. I'm waking up early to try to pack what I can of the rest of it. At this point, I can't actually imagine us getting into the house. There's so much going on and so much to do before that comes.

It's coming up on the last week of school for me. I go to Florida in a little over a week. I've got one project that is super easy that I'm procrastinating on and one project that scares the crap out of me that I haven't started yet. The first one's due tomorrow, and I'm not worried at all. The second one is due Wednesday, and it's a nightmare.

A mental vacation - in two months, I'll be sitting on my deck, drinking iced tea in my patio furniture. It's dusk, and the fireflies are out. Birds chirp and flit from tree to tree. The air is just beginning to cool from the long, warm day. Candles make it possible to see just as it's getting a little too dark. The radio plays softly in the background, and all is right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment