Thursday, June 18, 2009

Planning for Tomorrow

Tomorrow, if the weather is good, I'm going on a surprise trip to Cunningham Falls or DC. The weather is supposed to be much cooler at the Falls, but there's a chance of rain in both places around 3 pm. I haven't decided which I'm going to do. Either way, it's going to be a fun day.

Today, we opened a joint checking account for the house. Though we talked about it, it seemed like it was no big deal just to go out and make such a big financial commitment. I'm really worn out on the whole house idea. We went to Ikea today, and I had no more energy to dream about what it'll be like. We can't buy furniture now, and won't be able to afford it after we get the house.

Above all, I can't wait until I can have flat, sturdy surfaces on which I can eat and work. For the past two years, I haven't had a kitchen table. For the past month, I have been without a desk. For the next month, I'll be without that and without a real mattress. It will be a test of strength of mind (and to some extent body) as I give up those things that I've taken for granted before. The first things that are going into the house are the bed, the couch, the kitchen table, and the desks. Even if nothing else makes it in the house, I would be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment