Friday, September 25, 2009

First Disaster and New Arrivals

At about 5:45 yesterday morning, I was taking a shower, and *B* went downstairs to use the second bathroom. It turns out, our utility sink backed up, overflowed, and there was half an inch of water on the tile side! Okay, so at least it's on the tile side. Then, I walk over to the carpet side, and it's mushy :o( We've finally gotten everything cleaned up after using a shop vac, a rug doctor, a dehumidifier, and a number of fans. It turns out, the lady who used to live here dumped her grease down the drain instead of into a jar. My dad came over and snaked out the pipe. It was so awful, but at least it's fixed now.

As bad as yesterday was, today is good. My new stove came today! It's gorgeous. Check it out:

I can't wait to use it! Tomorrow, I'm making stuffed chicken, green bean casserole, yams, and lingonberry sauce. I finally made up a menu for the week. There's a much greater variety in our meals now, and they're nicely balanced.

A little fuzzy, but here is our menu:


Tonight was the last night *B*'s family was here, so we went out for dinner. But tomorrow, I'll be cooking up a storm! So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment