Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Starting to Get Nervous

We have three days until we're supposed to close. The USDA has not yet sent us approval for our house. The mortgage officer ran it through the pre-approval system and it said we'll be fine. But with three days left and no word yet, I'm starting to get really anxious. I don't know what to do. We're still packing, planning, and getting the utilities and everything switched over. But I am much less chipper and much more freaked out than I was two days ago.

It didn't help that I forgot to take my anxiety medication for the first time in four months this morning. While I was really leery to take meds at first, now I can not imagine living without them. I used to lie in bed thinking I was going to have a heart attack, I was going to have a stroke, or I was dying of cancer. I used to stay up for hours not being able to sleep because I thought I would never wake up. I am so thankful that I'm now mostly under control. Twice tonight I've had heart palpitations when I couldn't remember the last time I had had it previously. I will never forget my meds again.

One of my diversions is watching wholesome reality shows. I don't watch any of the "Real World" or "Survivor" type shows. While watching 18 Kids and Counting, they announced the impending birth of #19. At what point does it become irresponsible to have another child? Obviously, one answer is when you cannot afford that child. But does the onslaught of offspring that will appear as grandchildren factor into parental responsibility? Our earth has a hard enough time supporting who we have already. They're obviously free to do as they wish, but I'm still forming my own opinions on how many children I'd like to have, and I'm fighting people who say more than 2 are wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment