Saturday, September 26, 2009

It Was Glorious!

I made stuffed roast chicken today, with yams, green bean casserole, extra stuffing, and lingonberry sauce. I had never made my grandmother's recipe for stuffing before, but it turned out well. *B* popped a bottle of wine we received for housewarming, and we had a very lovely chicken dinner. I picked some flowers from the back garden for a centerpiece. The light is not as pretty as it appears through my window, but this is our table:
It is so good to be home!

After making lunch, I picked the rest of the chicken and got about 2 lbs of meat off of it. I will be making Mexican lasagna with the leftovers. I love it so much.

Recipes:
Grandmom's Stuffing
1 lb raw sausage
1 loaf of bread
2 eggs
Celery
Onion
Poultry Seasoning
Salt
Pepper

Mix together, stuff the bird, and cook the rest in a casserole dish. When checking temperatures, don't forget to check stuffing temperature.

Mexican Lasagne
Cooked chicken (cooked any way)
Mexican cheese
Flour tortillas
Salsa
Sour cream
Black beans (drained)
Diced chilis
Cumin

Mix together all but the mexican cheese and flour tortillas. Cut the flour tortillas into 1 inch wide strips. Layer as you would with lasagna, tortillas, chicken mixture, and cheese until none remains. Top with cheese and bake at 350 until hot and slightly brown on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment