Saturday, July 24, 2010

Contentment

Today has been a perfectly lovely day.  Last night, I stayed out entirely way too late.  I got home around 2:30 am.  We celebrated a good friend's 25th birthday with the card game Apples to Apples for a good 4 hours.  It was good, clean fun.

I woke at 7:30 in order to get into work on time.  It was a fairly productive time, even though the air conditioning was dead and it was 102 F outside.

I got home, had an awkward email freak out from my dad.  But I quickly recovered by getting out of the house.  We went to our first ever estate sale.  It really creeped me out, but it was interesting.  The house was amazing - probably nineteen-teens or so.  After we found nothing, we explored the local countryside for a good hour.

We found an amazing, inexpensive restaurant in a nearby town.  I had a crab cake, and *B* had the most fantastic french dip and brie croissant ever.  It was really brilliant.  I will definitely be getting that sandwich next time.

After that, we rushed off to Saturday evening Mass.  I don't remember the last time that I went to church two weeks in a row.  *B* and I have decided to make church a regular occurrence, and I'm very excited about it.

We're ending the night with one of my all-time favorite movies, The Holiday.  I love Christmas movies set in Britain.  So much so that we almost had hot chocolate for an evening treat, despite the raging heat wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment