Saturday, July 4, 2009

Productive Day!

Today, I finally bit the bullet and cleaned out my car. It still had pine needles in it from our Christmas tree! Now, it is spic and span, and I know exactly what I need to round out my car kit. Using information from SafelyGatheredIn.blogspot.com and other random sources, I've collected all the information I need for a full car kit. My emergency car kit includes:

Antifreeze

Batteries (AA, AAA, D)

Blankets/Towels

Books

Bungee Cords

Cash ($20)

Change of Clothes

Crates

Duct Tape

First Aid Kit

Flashlight

Glass Breaker

Hand Sanitizer

High-Energy Snacks

Jack

Jumper Cables

Lug Wrench

Notebook

Oil (5W-20)

Pens/Pencils

Pocket Knife

Rope

Shop Towels

Tire Pressure Gauge

Toilet Paper in Ziploc

Umbrella

Water

Wet Wipes

Windshield Washer Fluid



After cleaning out my car, I took some of the clippings from the grape vine out back, and I wove a wreath out of it. I'm holding off deciding if I like it until it dries out and turns brown.
I also made a really healthy, yummy lunner. I made Mexican chicken wraps, with leftover greens (squash, asparagus, green beans), and leftover peaches. One of these days, I'll get around to taking pictures more often. I also made Fourth of July Potato Salad. I used red, white, and blue potatoes for that touch of holiday festivity.

*B* had a project today that made me very happy! From half a palate he got from work, he fashioned me two mint planters. I will post pics as soon as it's painted. I'm so excited - way to use what we have to fashion something useful (and free)!

I just found out I can use my SD card in my laptop! In honor of this joyous occasion, pictures of the animals!


Ubay - A sweet, old, midget we like to call the "scabby tabby."

Molly - a super sweet german shepherd/boxer mix.

Prunella - She's slightly senile, but not as bitey as she used to be.

Wicket - Can't you just feel the love?!

No comments:

Post a Comment