Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Feeling So Good

I read that Baltimore has had 72.3" of snow this winter. I'm about 64" tall. That's ridiculous.

I've gotten SO much done today! I'm really proud of myself. This morning I shoveled the walk twice before *B* got home. They let him off early because the roads were so bad. When he got home, I made a delicious and nutritious lunch for us both: barbecue pork chops with sugar snap peas, applesauce, and homemade biscuits. I did all of the dishes while making lunch. I did my FAFSA and got *B* to do his FAFSA because they're due in a few days.

I started getting back into my current book but felt a nasty draft in the bedroom. When I looked at the windows, I was horrified. Apparently, they're not sealed tightly at all, because moisture was getting in and we had mold growing! I scrubbed it off and *B* and I sealed the window with a home weatherproofing kit.

I then realized that the bed needed to be cleaned as I hadn't changed the sheets after my recent illness. So I took off all of the covers and added them to the laundry pile. Then I did the entire laundry pile! There's one load in the washer and one load in the dryer left. All of the clothes that have been sitting in baskets for MONTHS are put away! ALL CLOTHES HAVE A PLACE! Oh, you have no idea how happy that makes me.

While I was downstairs, I decided to make chili with cornbread and mixed veggies while *B* went back out to shovel (he has to be at work at 5 am). I got what I needed from the pantry, then on my next trip down, I took everything that I've been piling upstairs and put it in its proper place on my pantry shelves. That's one more thing off my list!

I really don't know what to do now. Once the last of the laundry is put away and the bed is made, I'll have nothing left to do but to paint the bathroom and grade lab reports. That won't get done tonight, but maybe I'll paint tomorrow if I'm bored enough. I'll never be bored enough to grade lab reports :o)

One of my work friends reminded me, and I have to tell the world. I didn't realize Monday is President's Day. I don't go back to work until Tuesday! Let me chronicle my work experience as of late. I called in sick last Monday, went to work Tuesday, snow day Wednesday, went to work for half a day Thursday, called in sick Friday, have this week off for snow, then Monday off for a holiday! This year will be MUCH better than last. I think that I won't have any time making it until Easter this go around.

I have definitely fulfilled my Lovin' that Man of Mine challenge today. I have given *B* a clean house and two good meals. Not to mention that I've been very careful not to ask him for anything I could possibly do myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment