Friday, February 5, 2010

Snowpocalypse

Yes, snowpocalypse. That is what the media is calling our most recent weather event. I heard on the radio yesterday that we had 30" of snow this winter so far, whereas last winter we had 6." We're supposed to get up to 24 more inches this weekend. Can you believe that? A potential 54" of snow in one measly winter.

So what did I do to prepare? Not a whole lot. I'm just getting my energy back after what I now figure was the flu. I did laundry (almost all of it) because I remembered a blog post that for the life of me I can't find. In effect, this woman's family had no power because of a storm (hurricane or snow I don't recall) and hadn't done any laundry before hand. I just remember her talking about how much she regretted not having clean clothes for that amount of time. So I worked my butt off to make sure we were caught up. My parents took me out for breakfast this morning and out to the grocery store. So I picked up some milk, tea, cereal, and bagels. In almost all other respects, I was ready. Now we're just kind of waiting it out. It was exciting the first few times, now I'm just waiting for it to be over. I had stuff to do this weekend!

And worst of all, my laptop died. In a big way. I'm currently using *B*'s computer. He stopped using it because the mouse moves on its own and it takes forever to do anything on the internet. But, it works, and that counts for something.

On a good note, I'm just about over this stupid flu. My fever is almost gone and I'm only coughing a little bit. I'm so glad to be useful again! I so wanted to join Momzoo's challenge, but I couldn't get off the couch to do much for *B*. I was able to do four things for him since the beginning of February: do the laundry he usually does, fill up his water bottle for work and put it in the fridge, pick up the living room (he hates it when it's a mess), and I left him a love note on the front door to find when he went to work. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to try to pick back up on that challenge. I encourage you all to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment