Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Thaw

It's funny, but the title of this post relates very well to two very unrelated topics.

The snow is FINALLY melting. It rained yesterday and we lost at least 6 inches of snow. I can now see out of my front window. If we had to or wanted to, we could get out our back deck now. And, most exciting of all, I can see grass! It feels like forever since I've seen dirt and grass. Thank God it's over. Well.... not quite. We're supposed to get a foot of snow Thursday :o)

And on a totally unrelated note, my ex contacted me after 2 years of not speaking to me. We had coffee on Monday to catch up, and we attended a memorial birthday party for a friend's brother who had passed on (he would have been 30). There were no ulterior motives, he just felt bad that he didn't keep up a friendship. By the end of our relationship, we were much more like friends than anything else anyway. While it was a bit weird, I am glad that I got the chance to keep up on his family. After all, I did know them for seven years of my life. I practically grew up with them. While I still strongly dislike his girlfriend (for many, many GOOD reasons), I'm pleased to have breached a gap. This way, things will not be as awkward at a mutual friend's wedding this August when my fiance is the minister and my ex is a groomsman. The biggest thing I've learned over the past two days - I'm a very lucky lady to have such a wonderful fiance and I wouldn't trade him for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment