Saturday, February 27, 2010

Wedding Planning Escapades

I think I'm really doing well with wedding planning. I've gotten these things taken care of (or at least started):
  • Priest/Church
  • Reception Hall
  • Food
  • Cake
  • Flowers
  • Photography
  • Dresses
  • Tuxes
Now, I need to deal with finding a DJ (or getting a friend to do it), and finding/booking a honeymoon. I'm amazed that I've gotten this much done, but it feels like I have SO much more to do.

The guest list has become a point of contention. When my parents got married, my grandmother insisted on inviting a large number of people that my parents didn't know or care for, even though they paid for their own wedding. My dad always insisted this was wrong. Now, he wants me to invite friends of his that I don't like (for good reason) or I don't know. Not only does he want me to do this, he tells me through my mother that I'm supposed to call him to ask who he wants there. I don't think I'm going to. I'm not totally insensitive - I invited family friends that he likes so that he won't be alone all night. Do I have to invite my father's personal guest list?

I am in love with Google Docs. There is an amazing wedding template on there that covers all aspects of the planning process. And because it's online, I gave my mom my username and password so that she could look at it and make changes, too. Unlike my old planning spreadsheet, which was an Excel sheet on the laptop that died, this can be accessed anywhere - even school!

No comments:

Post a Comment