Thursday, April 8, 2010

Oh My Gosh!

Today has been a GREAT day! First off, it's my dad's birthday. He doesn't like to make a big thing of it, so I just dropped by to give him his present, and we grabbed some lunch and such. Afterward, my mom and I went to the appointment with my wedding florist.

As you may recall, in order to save money (and give some kids some practice in a future career) I've decided to have my flowers done by the local vo-tech school. These are basically high school kids who get started on career skills early. I was prepared for the worst in both the possibility of getting the arrangements done, and the price. I am happy to report that a) they can do my flowers and b) it'll cost me less that $150!!! Thank God. I was so worried.

When I came home, I decided to do a little bird watching. I've really grown to like it in the past couple of weeks. I did, however, manage to get a 1/2 inch splinter in my foot while getting snaps of blue jays bathing in our bird bath. They were out and about a little earlier tonight, but we have a front pushing through and it looks like a thunderstorm is brewing.

These are the birds I've been able to identify so far:

Red-Breasted Robins

Male and Female Cardinals

Blue Jays

Black-Capped Chickadee

No comments:

Post a Comment