Thursday, April 15, 2010

Simple Pleasure Thursday - Wedding Frugality

My simple pleasure for today is finding a way to cut corners on my wedding. I had no idea planning a wedding was so expensive! I was planning on buying the flower girl's dress, even though they are around $100 each!

The other day, a woman at work had sent out an email saying that she didn't need her daughter's first communion dress anymore and anyone could have it for free. So I got it! Isn't it pretty?

It even comes with veil and shoes, and though the shoes won't fit, Summer can have them for when she's older. I'll probably have to take the dress in a bit, and I plan on putting a red sash on it, but it's perfect, and it saves me a fair amount of money! I'm so thankful for the generous people at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment