Sunday, April 4, 2010

Thank God!

I have been dealing with horrible guilt for a few weeks now. For Christmas, *B* bought me an iPod Nano. I was so grateful, and had been using it at the gym. I only had a little bit of music on it, but was planning on dumping my whole collection on there. I haven't been to the gym in a while, so I wasn't actively keeping track of my iPod. A week or so ago, I wanted to use it. I could not find it ANYWHERE.

I've searched school, my car, my bedroom, the office, the living room, the kitchen - you name it, I looked there. I called the gym to make sure I didn't leave it there. Then I remembered that it once went into a plastic bag. I was devastated - I must have thrown it away! How could I live with throwing away something that I knew was a stretch for *B* to get me? I had wanted this for so long, and now, three months later, I let it go. He was so proud that he was able to give it to me, too.

So, I confessed that I lost the iPod to *B*, and he of course said that he wasn't angry with me. But you could tell he was disappointed. For whatever reason, tonight, I was moved to start looking again. Hanging on the coat hook behind the door was a plastic bag. Could it be? It WAS! My iPod! I didn't realize the burden that was on my shoulders until it was lifted. Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment