Sunday, March 14, 2010

Breathe In, Breathe Out

Another weekend flew by. I keep hoping for some rest and relaxation, but none this way comes.

Friday night, I stayed at school, went out to dinner with some co-workers, worked at Freshman registration, then came home and my brother crashed on our couch. That seems like years ago.

Saturday morning, my brother and I did the SATs until 1 pm. At that point, I went with *B* to celebrate his mom's birthday at Carrabba's with some of their family. We went back to their house for an hour, then we picked Casey up at the airport to spend the night (again, on our couch).

This morning, I made the three of us homemade chocolate chip waffles. Casey and I went down to the bridal store and tried on bridesmaid's dresses. Thankfully, we found her maid-of-honor dress for my wedding. I then dropped her off with her family, then flew home to go to dinner with my family in honor of my brother getting into an honor society in college. That was where things got interesting (ugly). My brother and his girlfriend got in a fight, so he didn't get there early enough to save a table. We waited 45 minutes to be seated. Then, my grandmother complained at me because I couldn't call her back quickly enough after researching a computer problem she was having. I got over that for the most part. Then the bill came. My grandparents and my dad had a fight - not a disagreement - a loud, nasty fight about whether my grandparents were allowed to pay for their portion. My dad was trying to be nice and take all of us out to dinner. My grandparents wouldn't hear of it. The entire meal was totally ruined. No one talked to each other after that, and we left in short order.

Now, it's 8:30 pm, and I'm utterly drained. Tomorrow starts at 5:30 am. I hope I'm ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment