Thursday, March 18, 2010

Simple Pleasure Thursday and Mystery Plant Game

Today my simple pleasure is having two bloomed crocuses in my backyard! Also, I learned that they close at night. I never knew that!


*B* and I stopped off at Southern States today and picked up some more plants - strawberries, red leaf lettuce, and buttercrunch lettuce. While I had started some seeds, nothing has come up yet, so I wanted to make sure that we'll have some kind of food growing in our garden this year. Take a look at all our lovely plants:





On that note, we planted very few of the things growing in our yard. Some, I recognize. Others, I don't. If you know what it is, please drop a line to help me out. Thanks!

Mystery Plant A - Hibiscus?

Mystery Plant B

Mystery Plant C

Mystery Plant D

Mystery Plant E - Yucca?

Mystery Plant F

Mystery Plant G

Mystery Plant H - Dead yucca stalk?

Mystery Plant I

3 comments:

  1. ok, I know a couple of those....

    B. Tulips...or maybe a Cala Lily, pretty sure it is some type of lily if it isn't a tulip, it is hard to tell since I can't touch it ;-)

    C. Is a Forsythia Bush, they get really big. About every other year you will need to prune it right after it is done blooming. (if you prune in the fall you won't get blooms)

    G. I am pretty sure it is Daylily. They are beautuful and full.

    If you really want to know what the others are take a cutting to the nursery and they should be able to tell you.

    I think your mystery plant game sounds like fun. I love to wander around in the spring time to see what is coming up and I think that would be even more fun if I didn't know what was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. B: I think it's a tulip too.

    You're lucky. The first spring after we moved into our house, I waited not too patiently for some sort of flower to show its face, but there were none. Nothing but some ugly, half-dead bushes and lots and lots of weeds.

    I'm enjoying my crocuses this spring, though, and my daffodils are out too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! That really helps. Mrs. Mordecai - I both am and am not appreciative. She didn't leave anything to tell me what it is or how to take care of it! *B* and I are pretty set on making the yard productive more than pretty, and I feel really bad about pulling out her pretty plants :o) We're trying to leave it as undisturbed as possible.

    ReplyDelete