Friday, October 23, 2009

Busy Bee

I've been a busy, busy bee. *B* went hunting with his dad for the first time in years, so I had the house to myself for the past few days. The first night, I made spinach pesto with over 2 lbs of spinach. I've never made basil pesto, but I imagine it's similar. I spooned the mixture into ice cube trays, froze them, then put the cubes into a giant ziploc bag. They turned out really well! I wish I would have taken pictures. Here's the recipe, adapted from realsimple.com:

Spinach Pesto
1/2 lb spinach leaves
1/3 cup of parmesan cheese
1/4 cup of walnuts
1/3 cup of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic

Put the garlic and walnuts into the food processor and mince finely. Add cheese and oil and blend. Add the spinach gradually and blend until smooth. That's it!

I promised one of my classes cookies if they earned a class average of 80% or higher. Wouldn't you know it, they pulled an 81.21%. So tonight, I made cookies. I need to make rice krispie treats for the club I moderate, and I need to make pumpkin muffins for my department's annual halloween party. So much food, such a little kitchen! I already made one batch of cookie dough to freeze in ball form so that we can make our own cookies at home, rather than making a whole batch to satiate a cookie craving.

It's the end of the quarter at school, and I'm getting an onslaught of "emergency" emails, late work, and requests for make up tests. It's amazing how motivated kids can be when threatened by their parents at the end of the quarter.

My house has exploded. Not literally, but *B* does the laundry, and I've found 3 baskets in 3 different rooms. Laundry is falling out of it as we (yes, both of us) rummage in a rush every morning. If I had just a little more energy, I could get it all put away, but as it is, I'm pooped. So pooped, in fact, that I'm going to bed.

Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment