Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Domestic Bliss!

I have had such a great night tonight. *B* and I went to the Asian market, and got 16 pounds of apples at 59 cents a pound. We sat together on the couch, peeling and coring apples so that I could make applesauce. Halfway through, my peeler broke, so my amazing boyfriend ran straight out to get me a new one. Right now, we've got about a gallon and a half of homemade, preservative-free applesauce. Tomorrow, I'll be canning all of it for the first time in my life.

While making applesauce, I realized that I'm supposed to bring a cake for a co-worker's birthday tomorrow! So I start to make the cake only to realize that *B* used the last of the eggs making french toast the other morning. Again, he stepped up to the plate and ran out for eggs. I'm such a lucky girl. I'd really like to find out if I can powder or dehydrate eggs. I know that you can buy them, but they are SO expensive.

I'm getting worried about my time and my sleep. This weekend, I proctor the SATs and we have a party that we're throwing. Next weekend, I have class and an open house to attend for school. The weekend after, I have class again, and we have another party we're going to. Ren fest ends that same weekend. So for the next three weeks, I will be getting no sleep whatsoever. And being that it's after 12 AM, it seems like that trend doesn't change tonight. Goodnight, world.

2 comments:

  1. I actually buy five dozen eggs at a time. They last us about three weeks. Eggs keep for a long time in the refrigerator--just make sure they don't freeze!

    Your applesauce sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can freeze eggs too. Just crack them into icecube trays, pop the yolk and freeze, once all frozen just dump them into a zip lock. When I use to buy eggs I did it 5 dozen at a time too. Now I have the chickens I don't buy them, but I will freeze them when I have a ton.

    ReplyDelete