Saturday, October 3, 2009

Physically and Emotionally Drained

A follow up to my post on cupcakes - the kids loved them. On the other hand, one or more parents complained not to me, but to someone in administration about the test. Who doesn't have the decency to bring the problem up with the source? I was asked about it after school yesterday and was a little upset by my resource teacher freaking out about the parent issue. I got an email last night saying that I had to issue a written apology about the test to all parents whose children were affected. I would obviously NEVER allow a test that is essentially my fault to damage the record of my kids. And why couldn't they just talk to me?! It makes me so upset. Yesterday, I was no good. I just moped at home, went outside to clear my head, shed a few tears, then spaced out to a DVD.

I was excited for today. The fall harvest days are my favorite local events of the year. To top it off, my town was having a fall festival. So *B* and I walked to the local festival, but I had no money to buy anything and there's no ATM in town. We left there after *B* got stung in the mouth eating a sandwich. The bees were everywhere. So we went to the fall harvest day at the farm museum. I've been going as long as I can remember and even longer than that. It has been going downhill slowly, but now it's dying out at break neck speeds. The one thing I wanted more than anything in the world - an apple dumpling you can only get during this festival - was not there. The apple butter makers who are again only there once, were not there. Half of the vendors weren't there, and very few people were there. On the upside, we got some fudge, and some art for the office.

An artist's booth was set up, and we thumbed through the prints they had. Both the featured artists are very local. We found a print we loved, but we only had a combined amount four dollars less than the price at which it was listed. After talking to the very lovely gentleman who created it (who is my grandfather's age), he let us have it at our price. He even told us the story behind the place the picture captured (his place of birth).

After our exploits around town, we picked up some of our furniture from my dad's house. My brother's best friend's mother (that's a mouthful!) got rid of a rather large L-shaped sofa, and we took it off her hands. Once we had gotten it in a truck, with two trips, we had it set up in the living room. At first, I hated it, but I'm slowly getting used to it. I'm chalking it up to having a hard time letting go of the first couch I've ever had.

We picked up the antenna from my dad. This is not necessarily a bad thing. We only get 5 channels! We watch what we want, or it goes off. With five channels, there aren't many options. But I get my Sunday Morning back!

I'll post pics of our new place once I become comfortable with it. Maybe a few days. That being said, I'm exhausted, and won't get a full two days to rest in any form until next Sunday. I will be praying for strength in all forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment